(KHNL) Police in Kauai, Hawaii and the FBI are assisting Idaho investigators in a bizarre missing children’s case.
The children’s mother and her new husband, both of whom also have a cloud of suspicion around them following the deaths of their former spouses, have been staying on the Garden Island for months, and they’ve been unwilling to cooperate with authorities.
On Sunday, Kauai police executed a search warrant at the Kauai Beach Resort and the couple’s rental car was also seized. But they haven’t been arrested or charged with a crime.
In September, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow mysteriously disappeared.
Their mother and her new husband did not report them missing and have not given authorities and other family members any information about the kids’ whereabouts.
Instead, authorities say the two left their home in Rexburg, Idaho in November, and have been splitting their time between the resort and a townhouse in Princeville on Kauai’s north shore.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2vnhcsy
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- ADHD awareness month, Part 1: Early signs and diagnosis
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Forecasters calling for drier warmer winter in Southwest states due to ‘La Niña’