TAMPA (WFLA) — A 65-year-old Florida man was fatally struck by an SUV while teaching his son how to drive, officials said.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 34-year-old Colombian man was getting a driving lesson at a church parking lot.
His father was standing outside his car, teaching him how to park, when the son accidentally stepped on the accelerator, drove over a parking block and hit his father.
The 65-year-old was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He later died.
His son faces a felony charge of driving without a license resulting in a serious injury.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Elon Musk donates $1M to BCIC, more potential housing in downtown Brownsville
- Lawsuit: Former MLB star Ben Zobrist says wife had affair with their pastor; sues him for millions
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video
- The Jerrari is half Jeep Wagoneer and half Ferrari 365 GT, and it’s for sale
- Hidden gems of Prime Day 2021