(CNN) — The mirror as a moon?
Astronomers believe this may be a way to identify signs of life on other planets.
NASA says scientists used the Hubble Space Telescope to detect Earth’s ozone in our atmosphere.
But they weren’t looking at Earth at the time.
Instead astronomers used the moon as a mirror to reflect sunlight that passed through Earth’s atmosphere and to the telescope.
This was done during a lunar eclipse.
Scientists believe if they can detect Earth’s ozone this way they may be able to do this with other planets.
Detecting other ozones would be a big deal because scientists say the ozone layer could be a sign of life on another planet.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- State of Texas: Lawmakers weigh ‘solutions’ proposed for education equity during pandemic