(NBC News) Senators are leaving a $3 trillion coronavirus rescue bill on the table as they break for Memorial Day.
Democrats accuse Republicans of wasting time when Americans desperately need their help.
“Not one vote on legislation having to do with COVID-19 in the entire month of May,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer noted.
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says they’ll eventually vote, but told Fox News any bill passed “won’t be a $3 trillion left-wing wish list.”
More than 1.5 million COVID-19 cases have now been confirmed in the United States, with more than 95,000 deaths due to the virus.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2zZqttm
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- A pair High Plains’ high school football coaching changes
- Bell 360 Invictus to be built at Amarillo facility
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- National Guard troops to prevent further looting in Southern California