(NBC News) A new coronavirus relief plan presented by Republicans Monday is facing scrutiny.
The “HEALS” Act would drop the unemployment bonus from $600 to $200 dollars a week.
It provides $1200 payments to Americans and billions for testing, schools, rental assistance and back-to-work grants.
There’s also $6 billion to distribute a coronavirus vaccine, although all vaccine candidates are still in the testing phase and at least several months away from approval.
The bill also includes millions for non-coronavirus items, including a new FBI headquarters.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/3hGErRk
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Palo Duro Football will battle for a playoff spot on Friday night
- Charlotte organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- The Randall County Commissioners Court is accepting applications to complete the unexpired term of Judge Ernie Houdashell