(KARK/NBC News) Four Arkansas Walmart stores shut down Sunday after dozens of protesters gathered at each location.
The protesters took over the parking lots as a way to fight racism at a different level.
“It only took one hundred of us to shut down Walmart, we can hurt them without destroying stuff,” one protester said.
A Walmart spokesperson sent a statement saying: “We’re monitoring this situation closely and will continue closing stores as a safety precaution for our customers and associates. We recognize the important role we play in the Little Rock community and plan to reopen stores at an appropriate time.”
Read more: https://bit.ly/3e69PHp
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro fears he won’t bake again after grisly bowling injury
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- UT-Austin student sets sights on becoming a doctor after losing her father to COVID-19