(WESH/NBC News) Florida authorities say a convicted sex offender lured a woman into meeting him under the guise of a job interview, then sexually assaulted her.
Police said 43-year-old Jason Minton, of DeLand, is accused of drugging the woman, raping her, then dumping her outside of a restaurant.
Investigators said Minton met the victim earlier this week and told her that he was hiring a secretary and the position paid $35 per hour. They set up an interview for the next day at a restaurant in Ormond Beach.
Surveillance video from the parking lot of the River Grille restaurant shows Minton dragging an apparently incapacitated woman into his truck.
Read more: http://bit.ly/38VOldU
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Caught on camera: Workers damage family’s new fridge during delivery
- ‘Great leader’: Principal fixes haircut of student who refused to go to class on first day of school
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan
- Jamal Khashoggi killing: Saudi crown prince approved operation to capture or kill journalist
- 8,600 asylum-seekers now registered to return to US from Mexico