(WLWT) An Ohio woman is facing felony charges in Hamilton County after investigators say she stole drugs from the oral surgery center that employed her.
Madeira Police responded to the Oral Maxillofacial & Dental Implant Surgery in late October. The practice manager told police several doses of fentanyl were missing from their inventory.
Investigators said Brittany Roehm, 30, who also goes by Brittany Byland, is behind the thefts.
Court records said Roehm was employed with the practice when she allegedly began emptying vials of fentanyl and refilling the vials with saline.
Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid pain reliever. It is comparable to morphine but considered 50 to 100 times more potent.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2QWgECB
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez