(KPNX/NBC News) Police in Flagstaff, Arizona arrested three people after the death of a 6-year-old boy who’d been locked in a closet and deprived of food.
Anthony Jose Archibeque-Martinez, 23, Elizabeth Archibeque-Martinez, 26, and Ann Marie Martinez, 50, were all booked into the Coconino County Jail for first degree felony homicide and two counts of child abuse.
Officers responded to a report of an unresponsive child Monday around noon. Officers immediately began life-saving efforts until medical personnel arrived.
The child was pronounced dead on scene. Police say the child appeared malnourished, and there were no obvious signs of trauma.
The parents of the 6-year-old boy admitted the child and his 7-year-old brother, who police say also appeared malnourished, were kept in the bedroom closet and denied food at times.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2TlodDK
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm opens First Magical Christmas Festival this weekend
- Gracie’s Project offers tips on those getting pets this holiday season
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!