“That’s what they were setting out to do,” Pelosi said about the insurrectionists trying to reach her and other politicians.
Asked if that frightened her, she replied, “Well, I’m pretty tough. I’m a street fighter”
Then she lifted a foot to show the reporter her 4-inch-high stilettos, USA Today said, and added, “I would have had these” to arm herself with.
“I was never personally afraid because I had so much security for myself,” the speaker said. “I was afraid for everybody else, and I’ll never forgive them the trauma that they caused to the staff and the members, said Speaker Pelosi.
The insurrection resulted in at least five deaths, including that of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- As conservative bills pick up steam, Democrats plan to put up a fight before midnight deadline in Texas House
- Smell at Louisiana hotel turns out to be guest storing gas, fire officials say
- Mother-son pair to cross same graduation stage, with degrees from Minot State