YUMA, Ariz. (NBC NEWS) — New video at the southern border in Yuma, Arizona.
Members of the Army Corps of Engineers are installing a three-ton, 30-foot barrier panel at the Barry M. Goldwater Range.
The Goldwater Range includes 31 miles of a border barrier at the US-Mexico border.
This portion is part of the Department of Defense-funded construction of border barrier projects from California to Texas.
These projects are being executed by the Army Corps, as directed through the U.S. Army by the Secretary of Defense, in response to the Presidential National Emergency Declaration from February 2019.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday