(WESH) An investigation is underway after two bodies were found early Saturday in the bed of a pickup along the side of a road near Eustis, Florida.
Officials with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said a deputy pulled up behind what he thought was a broken-down truck a little before 3:30 a.m.
When the deputy walked up to the truck, he found two bodies in the bed of the pickup.
The victims have been identified as Jesus Pantoja, 26, and his nephew Christopher Gutierrez, 13, both of Apopka.
“It does not appear this is drug related in any way shape or form,” said Sgt. Fred Jones of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. “It does appear to be an isolated incident and that’s what we’re treating it as.”
“It appears it was isolated, that they may have been targeted,” he added.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2RWIoHo
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TikTok users warn about disturbing April 24 trend
- Cornyn urge Biden Administration to allow reconstruction of Levees in South Texas
- The Amarillo Community Market is returning to its downtown location
- All US adults should be eligible for vaccines Monday, according to Biden’s deadline
- TRAFFIC: FM 245 to close for widening work in Potter County