(KGET) Police in Bakersfield, California say a woman is recovering after her ex-boyfriend held her at gunpoint and forced her to take pills, resulting in a miscarriage.
Police arrested the ex-boyfriend, Jagmeet Sandhu, 23.
Investigators say Sandhu confronted his pregnant ex-girlfriend at her residence early Tuesday morning.
“Her ex-boyfriend arrived at her apartment with a gun and made her take an unknown pill with the intent of having a miscarriage,” Bakersfield police Sgt. Nathan McCauley said.
Officers were tipped off the alleged assault at around 1 a.m. by a family member of the woman.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2EdA4eP
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- District play heats up for High Plains basketball teams
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- Family of fallen soldier going to Super Bowl thanks to 49ers’ George Kittle
- Olympic weightlifter displays strength of body and mind
- Proposed airline ban could keep emotional support animals grounded