(KGET) Police in Bakersfield, California say a woman is recovering after her ex-boyfriend held her at gunpoint and forced her to take pills, resulting in a miscarriage.
Police arrested the ex-boyfriend, Jagmeet Sandhu, 23.
Investigators say Sandhu confronted his pregnant ex-girlfriend at her residence early Tuesday morning.
“Her ex-boyfriend arrived at her apartment with a gun and made her take an unknown pill with the intent of having a miscarriage,” Bakersfield police Sgt. Nathan McCauley said.
Officers were tipped off the alleged assault at around 1 a.m. by a family member of the woman.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2EdA4eP
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- U.S. Census Bureau assists with questionnaire at Amarillo Community Market
- Are those ‘UFOs’ spotted over central Texas? Here’s what Google’s Project Loon has to do with it
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Holding Pen
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- West Texas A&M University graduate student ranked nationally