MT. ST. HELENS, Wash. (FOX NEWS) — 40 years ago today Mount Saint Helens blew her top making it the deadliest volcanic eruption in U.S. history.
57 people were killed when the volcano unleashed her fury in Washington state.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday