(FOX NEWS) — You might have the flu, but that’s not going to keep you away from the office.
The study says people have their own reasons for plowing ahead with “sick work”.
Some might say there’s too much work to do, they don’t want to use one of their allotted sick days, they feel pressure to be on the job from the employer and others work when they’re sick, too.
A third of those surveyed say they always come in when sick. 57 percent say sometimes and only about 11 percent say they never work when sick.
Charlotte, North Carolina; Miami; Austin, Texas; Chicago, and Cincinnati are the top places with sick workers on the job.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Virginia elementary student fights off would-be kidnapper; police searching for suspect
- Cuban migrant granted asylum now being held by ICE in South Texas
- Texas police collaborate with U.S. Secret Service on school safety measures training
- Watch All12 Courtside, fallout from the Kansas brawl, and previewing the next Baylor game
- California mayors urge White House to help with homeless crisis