(FOX NEWS) — You might have the flu, but that’s not going to keep you away from the office.
The study says people have their own reasons for plowing ahead with “sick work”.
Some might say there’s too much work to do, they don’t want to use one of their allotted sick days, they feel pressure to be on the job from the employer and others work when they’re sick, too.
A third of those surveyed say they always come in when sick. 57 percent say sometimes and only about 11 percent say they never work when sick.
Charlotte, North Carolina; Miami; Austin, Texas; Chicago, and Cincinnati are the top places with sick workers on the job.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- SKYTRACKER: Kansas River showing effects of drought
- 5 ways to lower your risk of spreading COVID-19 at Thanksgiving
- Pa Health Secretary addresses halt on alcohol sales on Thanksgiving Eve
- Bamlanivimab infusion wing in El Paso starts accepting patients
- Health and Human Services looking at mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions to states