(FOX NEWS) — Mortgage applications continue to rise for the third week in a row.
Borrowers taking advantage of the low mortgage rates as refinancing saw a jump in activity, increasing five percent from last week.
And more than 200-percent higher than the same week a year ago.
The demand for mortgages also hitting 1.1-percent from the previous week.
This, according to an MBA weekly mortgage application survey.
Financial experts credit mild weather for bringing out prospective buyers.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The City of Amarillo has now distributed over 27,000 total doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Palace Coffee Teaming Up with The Leaders Readers Network
- Car Buying Trends in 2021
- Pharmacist Doug Deciphers Between Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Acetaminophen
- Local doctors make appearance on TLC show ‘Obesity Med’