WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Mitt Romney said Monday that he was knocked unconscious in a fall over the weekend, but he was “doing better.”
The Utah Republican said the accident happened when he was spending time with his grandchildren in Boston. He told reporters he was taken to a hospital and got stitches on his right eyebrow and lip.
“I had kind of a tough, tough weekend,” Romney joked. “I went to CPAC — that was a problem.”
Romney did not attend the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida, over the weekend. The event was largely a celebration of former President Donald Trump. Romney was one of just seven Republicans who voted to convict Trump in his Senate impeachment trial last month.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters to become first Japanese major champion
- Gov. Ralph Northam orders Virginia State Police to conduct independent investigation regarding Windsor traffic stop incident
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report
- Amarillo TxDOT “Know Before You Go” April 11-April 17 road closure report
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center hosting virtual cancer screening beginning Monday, April 12