(FOX NEWS) — Millions of children across the globe are at risk of malnutrition as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The UN World Food Program says that children suffering from malnourisment will rise by as much as twenty percent.
They fear that ten million more children will be pushed into acute malnutiriton as a result of the pandemic.
The food program says they are stepping up efforts to prevent and treat malnutrition but added that they need 300 million dollars in funds to accomplish this.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Vote-by-mail expansion stayed by court ruling; local elections administrators on voting during pandemic
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- A pair of High Plains’ high school football coaching changes
- Bell 360 Invictus to be built at Amarillo facility