BUTLER COUNTY, Kansas (NBC NEWS) — Emergency crews are working to move a car stuck on a bridge in a Kansas river.
A woman became trapped in the car by high water over the Little Walnut River in Butler County.
The woman got out of the vehicle after calling for help then hung on to the car door in the rushing cold water.
Emergency crews used ropes and a swimmer to reach her.
The woman was taken to the hospital. She is expected to be okay.
Officials remind drivers to be mindful of rushing water.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Drew Brees’ wife discloses unknown injuries plaguing Saints QB throughout season
- Eli Lilly antibody drug prevents illness among residents and staff of nursing homes, study finds
- Asylum-seekers urged to ‘stay in place’ pending new guidance from White House
- Dog spent days outside Turkish hospital waiting for sick owner
- Parents outraged over student’s Confederate flag face mask demand action