WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Tuesday that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been admitted to the hospital for treatment of a possible infection and will stay in the hospital for a few days following a medical procedure.
The court said in a statement that the 87-year-old Ginsburg went to a hospital in Washington on Monday evening after experiencing fever and chills. She underwent a procedure at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, on Tuesday afternoon to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August.
The statement said the justice “is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Beware of scam asking you for money to prove you’re owner of your home
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick releases statement on unanimous passage of the First Responders Care Act
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Interview with AISD School Board Candidate Rev. Bennie Anderson