CHICAGO (WGN) — Unbelievable video captured a firefighter jumping to safety from the top of a building while battling a massive fire in Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood.
The extra-alarm fire started around 7 a.m. Friday. Power lines in the area were catching fire, causing a bigger problem for firefighters to control the flames.
Fire crews were seen sliding down a ladder from the roof as smoke overtook the area. One firefighter, who was stranded on the roof, was captured jumping to the building next door to safety.
According to Chicago fire officials, all crew members are accounted for, while at least four firefighters were transported to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Etna keeps up its spectacular explosions; ash rains on towns
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- Cuomo defiant as top New York lawmakers call on him to quit
- WTAMU Forensics Team places second in virtual “Good Life” tournament
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote