(WDIV/NBC News) A Michigan man is lucky to be alive after a steel beam crashed through his front windshield.
Johnnie Lowe, a father of three, thought his life was over when the steel beam came loose from the truck in front of him.
Lowe was driving a 26 foot box truck to Lansing on Thursday to pick up auto parts for DNC Logistics. He said a flatbed truck changed lanes when the steel beam fell off and hit the freeway.
“When it bounced, saw it was steel and said, ‘This is going down,’ braced myself,” he said.
The steel beam stopped inches from his chest.
Read more: http://bit.ly/39HK267
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- One arrested, runaway found after car chase in Hansford County
- Drew Brees’ wife discloses unknown injuries plaguing Saints QB throughout season
- Eli Lilly antibody drug prevents illness among residents and staff of nursing homes, study finds
- Asylum-seekers urged to ‘stay in place’ pending new guidance from White House
- Dog spent days outside Turkish hospital waiting for sick owner