(CNN) — Some of the oldest stars and galaxies might be even older than researchers had believed.
European scientists used the Hubble Space Telescope to examine what’s called the early universe.
They studied the period from 500-million to one billion years after the big bang.
During that time span, they found no evidence of primordial stars classified as “Population iii (3).”
That means those stars formed further back in time.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Potter County Elections USPS report
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- FBI asks for nationwide help in identifying male who may have information in child sexual exploitation case
- International Podcast Day with ‘Hey Amarillo’
- WATCH: City of Amarillo’s Coronavirus Update Sept. 30