(WNWO/NBC News) Bride Amy Chu made a one-of-a-kind walk down the aisle before saying “I do” Friday.
Chu rappelled 250 feet down the side of Toledo’s Promedica Plaza to her waiting groom below.
The stunt was part of the “Over The Edge For Victory” event, an annual rappelling event that raises funds to benefit cancer patients and survivors.
Chu said beforehand she is afraid of heights, but she’s passionate about the Victory Center and its mission, so she’s facing that fear.
Both the bride and groom lost their dads to cancer.
The idea to get married at the bottom came from her mom.
Read more: https://bit.ly/32LwWmc
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner