(CNN) — Three men claim they’ve driven from New York to Los Angeles in just over a day.
Arne Toman, Douglas Tabbutt and Berkeley Chadwick say they started their drive in Manhattan at 12:57 a.m. on November 11th.
They say they pulled into their Redondo Beach Hotel in 27 hours and 25 minutes later.
If their claim is true, that means they’ve beaten the previous record for a cross-country trip, 28 hours and 50 minutes.
They say their highest speed was 193 miles an hour, but that they averaged about 103 miles an hour; adding that they used almost 20 scouts to avoid cops.
They also drove a Mercedes-Benz that was specially prepared for the trip with a turbocharged engine and upgrades to the exhaust.
“Road and Track” was the first to report the claim.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: WT celebrates MLK’s legacy with speech reenactment
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV
- Texas ‘hempire’ to grow as USDA publishes final rule on industrial hemp production