(WPMI) Video captured Saturday in Fort Morgan, Alabama shows waves overtaking a human chain that had formed on the beach trying to rescue swimmers in distress, but ultimately it caused even more people to get caught up in deadly rip currents and rough surf.
Karen Graham, 54, was the first one in that chain and soon found herself in trouble.
“Someone started hollering for help and Karen took off running to help,” said Graham’s mother Laura Carrigan.
Graham, a Collierville, Tennessee resident, was staying at the Beach Club on a girls getaway trip. An air ambulance flew her to the hospital, but it was too late. Karen died trying to save others.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2Dn192u
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner