(KNVN/NBC News) A California woman born during the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic says she plans to survive the COVID-19 outbreak as well.
Mary Moser turned 102-years-old Tuesday.
Family, friends and even strangers came out to celebrate with a safe birthday parade.
“I had no idea what they were planning for my birthday today,” Moser said. “If I would’ve known I would’ve said, ‘No, no, no, no, no I don’t want all that fuss,’ but I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
She says she still remembers the impact of the Spanish Flu, which claimed the life of her mother and 16-year-old brother.
“I was 9-months-old, so I remember it. It’s been a reminder all my life,” said Moser.
Read more: https://bit.ly/3eGAZFJ
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Zeke fumbles, Cowboys stumble
- It’s finally game week for WT Football
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital