(FOX NEWS) — A former Honolulu police officer is sentenced to four years in prison for forcing a homeless man to lick a urinal.
The now former police officers John Rabago and Reginald Ramones were reportedly responding to a nuisance complaint at a public restroom in 2018 when the incident happened.
Rabago is said to have threatened the homeless man, saying he would not get arrested if he licked a urinal; later denying and laughing about the act before admitting to it.
US District Judge Leslie Kobayashi sentenced Rabago to four years behind bars for depriving the homeless man of his civil rights.
The judge adding Rabago took the only possession the man had, his dignity.
Rabago’s fellow officer on scene, Reginald Ramones, is expected to be sentenced next week.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- Video captures man hitting neighbor’s dog with machete after it attacked his pet pig
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- ‘Forget your purse! Let’s go!’: Watch Florida deputies rescue 73-year-old woman from sinking car