(FOX NEWS) — A former Honolulu police officer is sentenced to four years in prison for forcing a homeless man to lick a urinal.
The now former police officers John Rabago and Reginald Ramones were reportedly responding to a nuisance complaint at a public restroom in 2018 when the incident happened.
Rabago is said to have threatened the homeless man, saying he would not get arrested if he licked a urinal; later denying and laughing about the act before admitting to it.
US District Judge Leslie Kobayashi sentenced Rabago to four years behind bars for depriving the homeless man of his civil rights.
The judge adding Rabago took the only possession the man had, his dignity.
Rabago’s fellow officer on scene, Reginald Ramones, is expected to be sentenced next week.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- Tracking the Tropics: Teddy is now a Category 4 hurricane; depression forms in the Gulf
- Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response at town hall
- CSU music professor strumming through COVID-19 pandemic
- Global coronavirus cases top 30 million