(WESH) A Florida man is accused of shooting a 7-year-old child in the knee while intoxicated.
The child’s mother told detectives she had been visiting a friend at a Sanford home Saturday with her three other children.
The woman said her children were playing with Nerf guns with her friend’s child. Her friend’s brother, Anthony Knuth, was also in the room with the children.
Detectives said the mother told them she walked out of the room, heard a loud pop and ran back in to see that her child was bleeding from his knee.
When the woman asked what happened, the children said that “Anthony shot him,” a police report said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/3841ph6
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Last group of asylum-seekers on MPP program expected to cross into Brownsville
- Randall County officials waiting on autopsy results of man killed in crash, shooting Tuesday night
- Is the wall holding up this bridge leaning? State says it’s just an ‘illusion’
- Senate prepares for COVID-19 relief bill voting marathon Friday
- Amarillo VA begins Janssen COVID-19 Vaccinations