(WFLA/NBC News) Florida police are investigating the discovery of a human head on a St. Petersburg sidewalk.
Police said a jogger called 911 Tuesday morning after finding the underneath an I-275 overpass.
Investigators have yet to identify the body or to provide any information that may identify the person. They do not know the race or gender of the person, they said.
“I freaked out because I live over here. It freaked me out,” said Shirley Williams, whose apartment is about a block from the scene.
Williams left her home around the same time the jogger found the severed head.
“I went there this morning, to go to Wawa, and I didn’t even see it there. I mean, it happened. It was there cause I came back home and they blocked off everything. It happened just like that,” she said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2Ch0vTj
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dealing with fallen trees and limbs from winter weather
- BSA celebrates 100th COVID-19 patient release
- Oklahoma begins early voting Thursday
- Not cooking a bird? Get your deep-fried turkey fix at this fast food joint
- Police arrest two men suspected of stealing guns and crossbows from vehicles in Marshall