CARBIS BAY, England – U.S. first lady Jill Biden showed up to meet British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his wife wearing a dark jacket with “LOVE” embroidered on her upper back.
She said she and President Joe Biden were bringing “love” from America.
Biden is using his first overseas trip in office to send the message to European allies that America “is back” following the America first, go-it-alone approach of his predecessor, Donald Trump.
But Jill Biden’s fashion choice immediately reminded White House watchers of another first lady who once sported an entirely different message on her back.
Former first lady Melania Trump wore a green jacket that said, “I Really Don’t Care, Do U?” on a 2018 trip to a Texas border town to visit migrant children housed in shelters. She wore a different jacket while visiting the children.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Martha’s Home hosts “Fourth Annual 0.5K Slack-A-Thon supporting at-risk women and children
- The precursor of Father’s Day was inspired by a tragic accident