WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says President Joe Biden will accompany his wife, Jill Biden, early Wednesday morning to an appointment where she will undergo a “common medical procedure.”
The White House says both Bidens will then return to the White House and “resume their normal schedule.”
Later Wednesday, the president is set to address the nation on his plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021.
He will then visit Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery, the final resting place of many American service members who lost their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The White House did not immediately detail the nature of the first lady’s procedure.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Teen surfer bitten by shark eager to return to waves despite more than 100 stitches: ‘I felt pretty darn cool once I got bit’
- WATCH: Stolen U-Haul truck erupts into flames during California chase; 1 in custody
- Boy, 14, charged with murdering 13-year-old girl accused of snapping disturbing selfie after her death
- Iowa becomes latest state to cancel $300 federal unemployment benefit, cites labor shortage
- Can schools require COVID-19 vaccines for students now that Pfizer’s shot is authorized for kids 12 and up?