(WTVA/NBC News) Residents of Tishomingo, Mississippi are cleaning up and beginning to rebuild after a powerful tornado tore through their town Tuesday evening.
Crews are working to assess the damage left behind, and restore power to the town.
The most significant damage was at the town’s Dollar General.
Teresa Hazelwood was in trying to get inside of the store when she noticed the tornado.
“I got to the door and it was locked and when I turned around, I saw it. It was like a black cloud. It was nothing like I had imagined it would be”, Hazelwood said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2QEMPFZ
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Palo Duro Football will battle for a playoff spot on Friday night
- Charlotte organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- The Randall County Commissioners Court is accepting applications to complete the unexpired term of Judge Ernie Houdashell