(WPTV) A Boynton Beach, Florida man who police say built and set off several pipe bombs near his apartment told detectives he’s been making “devices” for years and buys the materials on eBay, according to authorities.
Gregory Haasze, 34, was arrested for 26 counts of making, possessing, throwing, projecting, placing, or discharging a destructive device.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has taken over the investigation as of Thursday afternoon, police said.
According to his arrest report, officers responded to reports of an explosion Wednesday.
When officers arrived on scene, they found several partially detonated devices in the road, along with six additional devices that appeared to be PVC pipes sealed with a PVC cap on each end, and a fuse attached.
Inside the PVC pipes were black powder, nails, metal screws, and metal pellets.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2XYJDZq
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- More detained migrant women say they didn’t OK surgeries
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming at Northland school
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming
- Woman arrested in APD Police pursuit Thursday