FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Federal authorities say a man on trial in Fargo, North Dakota, has slashed his own throat in the courtroom and died.
North Dakota U.S. Marshal Dallas Carlson said the incident happened Monday afternoon after a jury returned a partial guilty verdict against the man, who had faced terrorizing-related charges.
Carlson says the jury had left the courtroom, but U.S. District Judge Peter Welte, courtroom staff and others witnessed the incident.
Court security officers and deputy marshals attempted live-saving measures in the courtroom.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Moondog Amarillo performs at Starlight Theater
- San Diego-Tijuana border helped shape first Mexico-born UFC champ
- Authorities open sexual abuse, trafficking investigations after locating 24 missing children
- Two policemen among 14 homicide victims in a single day in Juarez
- Gaza violence erupts for first time since end of last month’s fighting