(NBC NEWS) — Crayola is launching 24 new specially formulated crayons – designed to mirror and represent over 40 global skin tones across the world.
Called “Colors of the world” Crayola hopes the new line will cultivate a more inclusive world for children of all ages, races, cultures, and ethnicities.
To make sure they were accurate and inclusive, Crayola partnered with victor Casale, CEO of Mob Beauty.
He has more than 30 years of experience creating foundation colors for skin tones around the globe.
Crayola colors of the world crayons come in a 24 and 32-count pack and will begin to hit shelves in July.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Vote-by-mail expansion stayed by court ruling; local elections administrators on voting during pandemic
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- A pair of High Plains’ high school football coaching changes
- Bell 360 Invictus to be built at Amarillo facility