(WOOD/NBC News) A family is rejoicing after rescuing a dog from the waters of Lake Michigan.
Jeannie Wilcox says it happened Friday. Wilcox and her family were on a boating trip from Grand Haven to Frankfort. She says about eight hours into the 12 hour trip, she spotted something strange on the lake.
“I see this red animal in the lake and I started screaming, ‘Dog in the water!’” Wilcox said as she recounted the rescue.
Wilcox says the dog was swimming all alone nearly four miles offshore. Wilcox says that’s when her family jumped into action.
“We brought her up on our swim platform really easily. We dried her off. She was obviously scared and cold,” she said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/3kFFjb1
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Denver inmate attempts escape by clinging under bus, while handcuffed
- Groundbreaking for new Thompson Park Pool
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Spider spins Ruth Bader Ginsburg collar-like web
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day