(WFLA/NBC News) A 92-year-old woman says she’s burned, bruised and struggling to sleep after she was handcuffed during a traffic stop in Bonita Springs, Florida.
Dorothy Friedenreich was driving back from the store when she turned onto her street in the Spanish Wells Country Club.
“Happy as a clam coming home,” she says.
She was getting close to her house when she saw flashing lights behind her. She says what happened next makes her struggle to sleep at night.
“Oh, it hurt. It sure did. He burned me, he burned my arms,” she says. “It’s like a nightmare, it’s like am I dreaming this, did this really happen to me?”
Dorothy says the deputy followed her to her house. After he asked for her license, the deputy is accused of putting scorching hot handcuffs on her as he questioned her about a rolling stop.
After the encounter, EMS came and bandaged her up. She went to urgent care earlier this week, and her arms are still bandaged nine days later.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2EJgFFX
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- LIVE: Biden, Harris mark 50 million COVID-19 vaccinations in the U.S.
- WATCH: Large fire breaks out in Dallas area
- Gov. Abbott gives 2 reasons why ERCOT is responsible, not a scapegoat, for storm outages
- APH reports 42 new cases of COVID-19, 3 deaths, 80 recoveries in the Amarillo Area
- ‘Whole world watched them kill him’: Daniel Prude’s brother ‘speechless’ over decision not to charge officers