(WESH/NBC News) A 9-year-old Florida boy has been charged with attempted murder after he stabbed his 5-year-old sister with a knife because he said he “wanted her die.”
The stabbing occurred just before 4:30 p.m. Monday in Ocala.
Investigators said the little girl has multiple stab wounds and was airlifted to a nearby hospital.
Her 9-year-old brother was found by officers in a nearby maintenance shed.
The mother told police she’d left the kids alone for about 10 minutes to check the mail and get them some candy from a neighbor. When she came back and went to check on them, she said she saw her son stabbing her daughter.
According to an arrest affidavit, the boy got a knife from the kitchen and told detectives that during the attack, he was shouting “die, die” before his mother returned and grabbed the knife.
Read more: http://bit.ly/36Dn2Tv
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of Amarillo vaccine walk-in clinic announces new schedule
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows