(KARK/NBC News) An Arkansas mother says her 6-year-old daughter was kicked out of daycare because of a T-shirt reading “Black Lives Matter.”
Journei Brockman attended daycare at His Kids Preschool in Russellville for the past six months, but was recently told she was no longer welcome.
“She was like ‘I don’t like it, I don’t agree with it’, and I would prefer it if you didn’t send her to school in it again,” Journei’s mother, Deval Brockman says.
Brockman says Journei went back to school the next day in another shirt with a raised fist printed on the back. When Deval picked her daughter up, she says she was told the shirts were encouraging racism and was no longer welcome at His Kids Preschool.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2Cb8fWM
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Sen. Cornyn supports bill for highway that would go from Mexico to Canada
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 5
- Amarillo Woman enjoys 100th birthday
- Amarillo Police needs help locating a missing juvenile
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake