HOUSTON (CNN/NEXSTAR) — If 2020 couldn’t get any wilder, NASA now predicts an asteroid will come close to earth the day before the U.S. election.
The agency said the asteroid is named “2018V-P-1.” Its diameter is around 6.5 feet, according to the Center for Near Earth Objects Studies at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
It was first identified from Palomar Observatory in San Diego County in November of 2018.
The object will come close to our atmosphere around November 2 but the probability of it impacting earth is very small at just 0.41%.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Caught on camera: Workers damage family’s new fridge during delivery
- ‘Great leader’: Principal fixes haircut of student who refused to go to class on first day of school
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan
- Jamal Khashoggi killing: Saudi crown prince approved operation to capture or kill journalist
- 8,600 asylum-seekers now registered to return to US from Mexico