UPDATE — Amarillo Police release more details on Thursday evening mortorcycle wreck at the interchange.
Officials say the 48-year-old driver lost control of his 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle, struck the guard rail, slid along the curb, was then thrown from the bike, and landed in the traffic lane.
He was taken to local area hospital with life threatening injuries.
Speed, Alcohol, and not wearing a helmet are factors in this collision.
The incident is being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A motorcyclist is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after an accident on I-40.
It happened just before 6 p.m. at the I-40 and I-27 interchange.
According to Amarillo Police, the driver was headed east on I-40 and taking the southbound Canyon Dr. exit when he failed to control his speed.
Police said he was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Water flowing in San Antonio’s River Walk is clear following stay at home order
- Oklahoma Inmates Join Coronavirus Fight
- Feds refuse again to list bi-state grouse along state line
- Joe Exotic files $94 million lawsuit over his prosecution
- EPA temporarily changes pollution violation rules