HEREFORD, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A chase in Deaf Smith County with DPS troopers leads to shots fired.
Troopers were attempting to stop Juan Medina, 30, south of Hereford just before 10 a.m. on Wednesday. They said instead of stopping Medina took off.
Officials said Medina tried to run the vehicle into a Deaf Smith deputy who was assisting.
This chase lasted about an hour until a Trooper rammed their vehicle into the suspect’s vehicle. The Trooper then shot out three of the suspect’s tires.
Medina is currently in the Deaf Smith County jail at this time.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Medical Services hangar damage
- Study finds coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, but what does that really mean?
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- New twist in case of mother’s mysterious death on ‘Dateline’
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting