COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- Former Muleshoe ISD Band Director for Watson Junior High School and Muleshoe High School accepts plea deal
- Civil rights leaders call on Texas lawmakers to vote against election regulation bills, while Republicans defend the legislation
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan