AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The man accused of robbing the Amarillo National Bank in downtown Amarillo has been indicted.
Phillip Dayle Goss was indicted by a grand jury for one county of Bank Robbery.
Federal court documents show Phillip Goss, 61, walked into the bank on February 3 and passed a note to a teller, who gave him bait money.
Police also said Goss walked into the police department and handed them a note claiming he was the one who robbed the bank.
Documents show that Goss was in possession of the clothes worn by the robber and one of the bait bills.
Investigators also said the motel Goss was staying at also still had some of the bills he used to pay for his room which turned out to be some of the bait money.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- November is Alzheimer’s awareness month
- Kamala Harris takes Texas tour on final day of early voting
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Babe: Rookie quarterback starting
- Texas Workforce Commission to host statewide veterans job fair