AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A plea agreement has been reached in federal court in theft of government funds case.
According to court documents, Anthony Orona admitted to accepting unemployment benefits for nearly 4-years.
Documents show that Orona used identifying information for people who worked for him to file unemployment claims in their name for himself from multiple states.
The plea agreement shows that Orona received more than $260,000 during that time.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Congressman pushing to remove restrictions on churches talking politics
- Woman says NC rehab center left elderly father outside in rain for hours
- Amarillo Civic Center donating $5 for every ticket sold during Beautiful- The Carole King Musical
- East Texas elementary school “devastated” by sudden loss of student
- Meals on Wheels Open House Celebration