AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Today, the Opportunity School hosted its annual Valentine’s Day Cookie Sale.
The event helps to raise awareness about the Opportunity School. The Opportunity School partners with Hands-On Amarillo to help with the volunteer effort.
Sponsors underwrite the cost of the cookies, and now hundreds of cookies will be delivered across the city to help the school.
Opportunity School’s Executive Director, Jill Goodrich, said about 400 thumbprint cookies will go out tomorrow.
Opportunity School has operated for the past 50 years to provide high-quality education for our community, including for low-income students.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Panhandle Pet Savers experiencing tough summer finding animal adopters
- Dumas ISD releases plans for 2020-2021 school year
- Many parents choose to home school in light of COVID-19
- Bond denied for woman charged in connection with Spc. Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students