AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) —Kids in Amarillo had the opportunity to ask Mayor Ginger Nelson questions regarding COVID-19.
Amarillo Mayor, Ginger Nelson, answered local kids questions live Saturday, April 4, on her Facebook page.
Mayor Nelson answered questions like, ” how much longer is the virus going to be in our city?”, and “How did the coronavirus get into our city?”
The live event lasted in all, just a little over 30 minutes. Mayor Nelson answered all the questions to the best of her ability and tried to make the pandemic and quarantine make sense for the young audience.
Nelson ended the event by thanking the kids for being leaders and thinkers in the community, she also encouraged them to stay positive during this time.
You can watch the whole question and answer event that Mayor Nelson did below.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Indian Association of Amarillo donates to High Plains Food Bank
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Top stories: Beer’s back; Mayors demand funding; Census push
- Texas Health and Human Services helping feed students through food benefits