AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police arrested the man that robbed the Amarillo National Bank on February 3.
Officials say Phillip Goss went into the bank and passed the teller a note stating “this was a bank robbery.” The teller then placed bait bills into an envelope and Goss left the bank.
A week later on February 10, Goss went into APD and passed a note that read “Im the one that robbed the bank last week.”
During the investigation, Goss told police he used the money to rent a motel room and paid cash for the room. The motel manager still had the money Goss used to rent the room and one of the bills was a bait bill in the robbery.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dr. Temple Grandin speaks at WT’s Distinguished Lecture Series
- Day two of the UIL Girl’s High School Basketball Bi-District Playoffs
- TxDOT discusses potential of I-27 expansion
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life