AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Ruth Nichols celebrated her 101st birthday at the Big Texan tonight.
She has three children who live in Amarillo, and one in McClain.
She spends her time writing and has even publish a few books.
“I think it’s not the number of years you live but what you do with them that’s important. So I may live to be 120. Who knows but you know, whatever God gives me, I’ll try to be better and do what he wants, not what I want.” said Ruth Nichols.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- State health department says teachers still not a priority for COVID-19 vaccine
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner